Sunday, June 12, 2011

Formatting…

So, you've probably noticed my formatting changing from post to post and sometimes even changing over time for the same post. I'm experimenting and trying to figure out how to get this easy on the eyes as well as consistent. It also doesn't help that Blogger seems to enjoy making text look uniform when I'm typing it and not uniform when I hit "Preview" or "Publish." Anyway, that's the explanation for that, and I hope I'm making progress towards a more readable blog rather than the opposite.

Also, while things are up in the air, I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. Trying to dial in a blog just so is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!

    The only minor quibble is that the hyperlink color for 'visited' links in your blogroll is a little 'dark on dark'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some general rules of thumb for nice web typography:

    1) Only use serif fonts if your font size is 16px or higher, since computer monitors have difficulty rendering serifs at smaller sizes than that.

    2) The line-height for a given font should be about 1.5 times the font size. So, if your font is 14px in size, your line-height should be 21px.

    3) White text on a black or dark background is bad, because it forces your eyes to focus on bright light for extended periods of time. Black or dark text on a white or light background is much better (which you already have).

    ReplyDelete