A family of harmless mushroom people live in a corner, sheltered by some large fungi. Three of these large fungi are Shriekers who ignore the mushroom people but will not ignore anyone else who approaches the corner.
If attacked, the mushroom people will try to run but will not otherwise defend themselves. If a mushroom person dies, it will release a cloud of spores; all who breath them save or die. Most denizens of the dungeon know this and leave the mushroom people alone.
If treated kindly, these mushroom people will offer a stew which will heal one hp for all who consume it.
The mushroom people survive by scavenging corpses throughout the dungeon and bringing them back for their fungi to consume. They feed on their fungi as well as the corpses themselves.
The mushroom people do not use names.
1d8 small fungi no one in your party has ever encountered before. A sage or herbalist will be able to identify them, but there is as 1/6 chance that they will have lost their potency by then. Roll 1d6 for the effect of these fungi; roll again each time this encounter is rolled.
- Eyes melt away (1d6 dmg and now blind)
- True sight: see invisible objects, through illusions, etc., 2d4 days
- Automatically notice secret doors for 1d4 days
- All attacks (melee, ranged, magical, etc.) do max damage for the rest of the day
- Normal rest now heals twice as many hit points for this character – forever
- Forget all prepared spells